Wednesday, November 10, 2010

On the way to Samba 4, week 44

I usually hate it when real life stops me from coding, but in this case I had a really fun weekend off the computer. The downside is that the echo server still is not done. So not much happening on the Samba 4 front from my side. One related news item though is the release of a new version of the Yocto Project. Quoting from their website:
The Yocto Project™ is an open source collaboration project that provides templates, tools and methods to help you create custom Linux-based systems for embedded products regardless of the hardware architecture.
Based on OpenEmbedded, one of it's supported platforms is the Beagle board. This looks like a pretty good platform to play with to get a bunch of embedded Samba images to work. This goes straight on my todo list, as if that wasn't pretty full already. Still, maybe a nice setup to demo at the next SambaXP conference. So, that's it with this week's installment of my Samba 4 blog post. Unless real life happens again, maybe next week I can show the world how a well-designed Samba 4 task looks like.

No comments: